By An Executive Editor
Ahead of the Uganda Law Society (ULS) polls on September 10, 2022 at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Entebbe, where the legal fraternity will pick their next President, we profile candidate Diana Ninsiima Kibuuka.
Diana is a lawyer, philanthropist, mother, wife, sister, lawyer, giver (Rotarian – Member, Rotary Club of Kampala), connector and community builder.
Born to politician and educator, Avitus Tibarimbara (RIP) and Akandida, Diana is the 7th born of nine siblings.
Diana attended Makerere Kindergarten, Kitante Primary School and St. Mary’s Namagunga (for six years) before returning to Kampala/her neighborhood – Makerere University for her Bachelors of Laws.
Diana holds a LLB (Hons) degree from Makerere University, Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre, a Masters in Law from the University of Cambridge (Wolfson College) and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Taxation from the East African School of Taxation. She is a lawyer, connector, leadership coach, mentor, an award winning community leader and has summited Mountain Kilimanjaro. Diana is married and has two sons.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
• Banking and Finance
• Tax Compliance
• Non-Governmental Organizations
• Property – conveyancing; and Employment law
• Corporate and Project finance
• Partner, Mukumbya Musoke Advocates: February 2018 – to date.
• Partner, V. Agaba Advocates and Legal Consultants: January 2014 – December 2017.
• Associate, MMAKS Advocates: March 2006 – November 2013
• International Lawyers For Africa: Candidate for Uganda seconded to Slaughter and May LLP and Diageo PLC – 2010.
• Legal Researcher, Commission of Inquiry into the Allegations of Misuse of the Global Fund to Fight HIV /AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Uganda: October 2005 – February 2006.
• Intern, Muhimbura & Co. Advocates: 2002 – 2003.
• National Director – Business Network International (BNI) Uganda; October 2018 – to date.
Established BNI Uganda a community of 200 strong business leaders.
• Country Lead, Girls for Girls Uganda Limited by Guarantee; To date over 2700 women and girls from different social and economic spheres, have been mentored under the program.
• Mentor under the Oakseed Governance (Leadership) Course.
• Oakseed Governance Leadership Course.
• Institute of National Transformation Executive Leadership Programme.
• Intentional Mum’s programme – Transform Nations.
• Strathmore – Women in Leadership Programme.
• Female Future Programme.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation – East African School of Taxation.
• LLM, University of Cambridge (Wolfson).
• Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda.
• LL.B (Hons.), Makerere University, Uganda.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
• CEO’s Award – BNI Emerging Leader 2019.
• New Vision – Top Forty Under Forty, 2018.
• Common Wealth Scholarship – University of Cambridge, 2008.
• Recognised in IFLR1000
• Recognised in Chambers Global
MEMBERSHIP AND ASSOCIATIONS
• Advocate, High Court of Uganda and member, of Uganda Law Society and East Africa Law Society.
• Alumni, International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA).
• Member, Institute of Corporate Governance, Uganda.
• Member, Oxbridge Society Uganda.
• Alumni, Female Future Programme.
• The Rotary Club of Kampala.
• The Africa List.
• The Boardroom Africa.
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND SERVICE COMMITTEES
• International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) – Uganda Working Group.
• Leading Boards Limited. • Business Network International – Member, Global Executive Committee.
• Bless a Child Foundation.
• Director Membership, Rotary Club of Kampala.
• Girls for Girls Uganda Limited (BY GUARANTEE).
• EFC Uganda (MDI) Limited: (Chair of the Human Resource and Compensation Committee, Chair Audit Committee, Vice Chairperson and Chair Risk and Liability committee, Chair Transformation Sub – Committee).
• PELUM Uganda – Board Member, Member, Finance and Administration Committee, Treasurer.
• Kids of Africa: Swiss African Children’s Village.
• Komo Learning Centers.
• Rotary Club of Kampala: Deputy Treasurer, Treasurer and Vice President.
• The Women Lawyers Committee, Uganda Law Society: Chairperson, April 2016 – March 2018.
• Committee member, Women Lawyers Committee: 2013 – 2015.
• Organisational and transformational work
• Sustainability projects