Details: Two police officers killed, 13 injured in Monday evening accident
By An Executive Editor
Statement on Aswa accident
The territorial Police in Aswa region has today 12.12.2022, at around 1800c registered a fatal accident at Lapuda village, Paicho sub-county in Gulu district, killing two policemen on spot.
The accident involved motor vehicle registration No UP 5568 Land Cruiser that overturned.
The vehicle was carrying personnel from Gulu heading to Agago for special duty when it over turned killing two police officers identified as -No,70210 PC-Epodoi Pius and
-No, 52736 PC-Odong D Marvin.
Eleven officers were injured they include:
ASP Okalebo Joseph
1. No.50242- CPL Odong Jacob
2. No.54039- PC Opio Junior Peter.
3. No.69123- PC Omara Keneth
4. No.71786- PC Okello Daniel
5. No,52030- PC Candia James
6. No,63881- PC Okura George
7. No,52265 – PC Ochora Simon
8. No,69676- PC Ekoju Vicent
9. No, 71120 PC Awuzu Vicent
10. No 50466 PC Okwera John
11. No, 68626 PC Okure Abraham
12. PC TORACH CAlVIN – DRIVER.
All officers attached to FFU – Aswa Region.
Regional Police Spokesperson David Ongom-Mudong says investigations into the cause of the accident have started.