PC Ivan Wabwire: Museveni points out critical questions in murder of Indian money-lender
By Executive Editor
President Yoweri Museveni has raised critical questions following the murder of an Indian money-lender in Kampala on Friday.
Uttan Bhandari was killed by a police officer identified as PC Ivan Wabwire in an incident at Raja Plaza.
In a statement Saturday, the President said that “All these mistakes are easily traceable”
In this case, he said, for instance, some questions immediately come up:
- How did an off-duty Police man, access a gun?
- Did he walk away from his guard post without permission with a gun to commit crime?
- How are the guns stored in the Police?
- Is there no security at the site where the victim was?
- Why did that local security allow an armed person into the building who had no guard business there? Then, there is the question of the mental state of this Policeman.
- Did he have a history of mental instability? If he had, why hadn’t the Police leadership noticed and acted appropriately?
“The answers to these questions may help us to plug the gaps in the security system.
Condolences to the family of Bhandari,” he said.
The police say the hunt for Wabwire is on.