Lost your password?
Don't have an account? Sign Up

Scotland: Uganda’s Anaku nets 3 as Dundee thrash Young Queen’s Park 6-2

Young Queen’s Park were on the wrong end of a 6-2 defeat today when mistakes cost the young Spiders dearly against a clinical Dundee United B side.

Young Queen’s Park concluded their pre-season preparations with a friendly against Dundee United B at Lochinch this afternoon.

Both sides included first team and development players for this game. Queen’s new loan signing Johnny Kenny was included in the starting eleven for the Spiders.

Dundee United started the game on the front foot moving the ball around the park looking for gaps in the Queen’s defence. The young Spiders were calm and methodical in their build up play.

Although Dundee United had most of the opening period, it was Queen’s who took the lead in 12 minutes when Johnny Kenny was pulled down inside the Dundee United box. Liam Brown stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way to open the scoring.

In the 34th minute Dundee United levelled the score. From a through ball from midfield, Sadat Anaku get behind the Queen’s defence to lift the ball above Heraghty and into the net from six yards out.

Five minutes later Dundee United took the lead when a cross from the right was met by Anaku who was unmarked and had time to place the ball beyond the advancing Heraghty.

Two minutes before half time Dundee United added a third. This time a cross from the left was met by Clark who smashed the ball into the far corner of the net.

Queen’s upped the pace for the start of the second half and although they managed to gain more of the ball their attacks didn’t really trouble the Dundee United back line.

In the 54th minute Queen’s replaced Thomson with Mauchin.

In the 56th minute Dundee United added a fourth when a long ball was picked up by Anim who played it to Anaku who, unchallenged, knocked the ball home for his hat-trick

A minute later it was 5-1 to Dundee United. A poor clearance by Queen’s was intercepted by Anim who beat a defender, turned in and hit a superb shot into the corner of the net.

In the 60th minute Queen’s made a quadruple substitution with Kenny, Brown, Jarrett and Longridge replaced with McCormick, McLeish, McQuaid and Fairlie.

Three minutes later Archie Graham replaced Alex Bannon.

Queen’s pulled a goal back in the 68th minute when Liam McLeish drove into the United box and shot. The keeper failed to gather the shot and Lucas McCormick knocked the rebound into the net.

Dundee United responded by immediately doing up and scoring a sixth. Another long ball was not dealt with by the Queen’s defence. The initial shot was blocked by Heraghy but Dundee United’s Fotheringham was first to react and hit the ball past Heraghty into the net.

Queen’s Park: Heraghty, Thomson (Mauchin 54′), Reid, Bannon (Graham 63′), Bruce, Nicol, Brown (McLeish 60′), Jarrett (McQuaid 60′), Longridge (Fairlie 60′), Connolly, Kenny (McCormick 60′). Subs not used: Russell, Lind

Dundee United B: Adams, Freeman, McMann, Walusimbi, Graham, Sibbald, Niskanen, Meekison, Anaku, Clark, Anim.

Subs: McCabe, Bisland, Duffy, Watson, Chalmers, Fotheringham, MacLeod, Comerford, Moore, Robson.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *